Part of the Massachusetts Biographies Project
James Till was in the family of Isaac Stedman 1639. He had a grant of Marsh land at Till's creek, which received its early name from that circumstance, (now Dwelley's creek, opposite Gravelly beach west-side of North river). He left no family here, and probably removed to Boston with Stedman.
Samuel Deane, History of Scituate, Massachusetts, from Its First Settlement to 1831. p. 356